General Manager - Salt Lake City
About our city offices
Our company is national, but many parts of what we do are local: we’re in the business of buying and selling homes. Our customers are also local: they look for a new home in a particular neighborhood or school district, and they sell in the same way. Our local offices are responsible for understanding and serving the local market and all of the homes we buy and sell there.
The General Manager
We want to develop the next CEO of a fast growing company. As the General Manager—Salt Lake City Area you will have ultimate responsibility for our success including owning operations and strategy of the business. You will lead and inspire a cross-functional organization to drive growth, ensure a delightful customer experience for both sellers and buyers, and oversee efficient daily operations.
This role is highly collaborative; you will interact with our leadership team in San Francisco and in other cities.
- Hire and manage a local team. You’ll monitor team productivity, manage them to goals, and drive workplace and cultural norms that align with our company values.
- Drive a delightful customer experience: you’ll work with your team to build and implement processes that inspire trust, from the moment a customer first connects with Opendoor to the moment we close. You’ll be maniacal about reviews and customer feedback.
- Be an internal champion for the Salt Lake Area: you’ll represent the office to our HQ in San Francisco and other offices, and agitate when you see things that need solving.
- Own our growth strategy in Salt Lake, partnering with Finance to set goals, with Marketing & PR to execute across growth channels, and product teams to roll out new products and features (e.g., Buy with Opendoor)
- Be the external face of Opendoor in Salt Lake: you’ll represent Opendoor to local press and important industry partners and vendors.
- Own our performance metrics in Salt Lake you’ll monitor key metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and dig into root causes to understand and address emerging trends
- Own the P&L for Salt Lake region: you’ll oversee everything from marketing to acquiring, renovating, and reselling homes in Salt Lake (and adjacent markets as we expand)
- At least 10+ years of experience in metrics based operations or general management
- At least 2+ years of experience running a business or business unit
- Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators
- Experience working and leading a team of 10+ in a high-growth company
- Demonstrated leadership abilities - capable of motivating and inspiring a team to hit aspirational targets
- Passion for real estate
- Understand how to grow a team
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as we launch adjacent markets
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in real estate
- You’ve lived in the city for at least 2 years
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top