Finance and Strategy Associate
- San Francisco, CA
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 85,000 customers and recently went public! The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
As the Finance & Strategy Associate, you’ll play a unique role at the intersection of finance and operations. While you’ll be part of the broader finance team, you will work closely with key stakeholders in the sales and support, homes, and pricing organizations with a particular focus on how to accurately forecast headcount needs, measure cost efficiency, and drive ROI.
As you gain an understanding of the organizations’ strategic goals, you will work with the managers and the F&S team to identify, design, and implement creative solutions to drive desired behaviors and increase employee efficiency within the three verticals. You will also be tasked with identifying ways to improve the effectiveness of team members through both process optimization and product changes, and you will help curate and monitor the proper business metrics to measure and report on the team’s efficiency. You’ll also help standardize and scale current processes as the organization continues to grow. Experience working with operations organizations is helpful, but not required.
As a Finance & Strategy Lane Ops Associate, you will:
- Partner with managers and individuals to develop, monitor, and iterate on our current capacity models
- Lead efforts to monitor performance vs. monthly goals for each of the teams, with a particular focus on both efficiency gains and process changes that may require more or less time and associated labor
- Partner with leadership to establish and implement key performance metrics and provide improvement insights
- Work with members of our data science and engineering teams to develop and implement new tools to measure success
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or economics
- 3 to 6 years of relevant industry experience across roles in either finance/investment banking, strategic planning and/or sales operations
- Familiarity with SQL and other data tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with an Executive team
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Your choice of coverage for medical, dental, and vision (optional for dependents)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefit
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top