Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Rails Infrastructure Engineer to join us as we improve the reliability of critical systems and empower engineers to build software quickly and confidently. You'll lead the development of projects that enable engineers to build high-quality and reliable services and that impact the growth trajectory of Opendoor.
As our Rails Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Building products, tools, and services that allow Buy with Opendoor to expand into new markets. That will include both building new systems from scratch and evolving existing systems.
- Leading efforts to help migrate our monolith to a microservice architecture.
- Guiding the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Helping us operate our Ruby on Rails monolith that is used to power the Buy with Opendoor experience.
- Acting in a key support role during major incidents. Participate in the post-incident review process. Write and maintain runbooks and documentation.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails, especially with large, multi-team codebases.
- 6+ years of experience building and delivering production quality software systems.
- Experience building for a microservice environment.
- Strong coding ability in one or more languages—we mostly write Ruby, Go, and Python at Opendoor, but experience with other languages is also valuable.
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems.
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness: