Data Scientist - Pricing
- San Francisco, CA
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
As a data scientist on the acquisition pricing team, you will build critical models and analyses that determine which homes we acquire, how much we should pay for them, and how these decisions impact Seller satisfaction as well as our portfolio margin and growth targets. You will rapidly iterate on new approaches to solve pricing problems all the way from idea to execution to evolution. Getting these decisions right is essential to our success as we innovate in new areas of real estate.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Build and evolve our acquisition pricing models at each stage from idea to production
- Create feedback loops and other processes to monitor and track our performance versus expectations
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Finance and Operations to implement data science in production
- Identify innovative approaches to learn in areas of low N and multiple potential confounders
- Become a domain expert in real estate and market behavior
We are looking for teammates who have:
- 2+ years of experience
- Proficiency writing SQL queries
- Proficiency with Python and its data science libraries
- Strong business judgment and orientation toward impact
- Knowledge of statistics
Bonus Points if:
- Knowledge of causal inference and Bayesian statistics
- Experience productionizing data science models and data pipelines
- You love delighting customers with simple and low-cost products
- You are committed to iteratively driving results and becoming better every day
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top