Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role
Customer Experience Advocates take pride in delivering premier support and a fabulous experience to thousands of customers each month. During the most meaningful financial decision of their lifetime, this is a critical frontline operations role that touches every operation at Opendoor. You’ll have a front-row seat to view the complexity of our mission and help us build industry-defining solutions while developing real estate mastery along the way.
As a Customer Experience Advocate, you will:
- Be the face and voice of Opendoor handling the sophisticated needs of our customers with integrity and kindness
- Guide customers to understand all aspects of the Opendoor home-buying or home-selling process responding quickly to questions and unresolved issues via email, phone, and chat
- Work closely with internal teams (sales, valuation, renovation) and external partners (title/escrow, lenders) to deliver a perfect experience to Opendoor sellers, buyers, and agents
- Deeply understand our customer's needs, sharing insights with our product teams to improve customer experience
- Help us develop new customer experience programs that set Opendoor apart (e.g., building phenomenal relationships with new customers, following up with influencers, etc.)
- Remain flexible to work schedules that may include weeknight or weekend coverage
We’re looking for teammates who are:
- Mission-driven. You believe in our mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move and can’t stop thinking about how we can improve upon our outstanding customer experience.
- Hungry. You have the horsepower and whatever-it-takes attitude to give your customers a delightful experience working outside of normal business hours including weekends.
- True empaths. What gets you out of bed each morning is connecting with and helping people from all walks of life. You naturally put the needs of others before your own and derive energy from helping people.
- All about the team. You grow by empowering others and taking the time to cultivate growth in your teammates. Before anyone asks, you’re always there to lend extra capacity when the team gets overextended.
- Skilled communicators + active listeners. You have limitless perseverance and enjoy the challenge of explaining a complex concept multiple times in different ways until a customer truly gets it. This can happen throughout a 45-minute phone call or 10 emails and you don’t bat an eye.
- Solution-oriented. Everyone notices problems, do you have a bias towards action? When a current policy is crafting customer friction or you’re certain a new tool could make our customer interactions more efficient, this gets you excited. You scope the problem, capture supporting evidence, and propose a solution.
- Coachable. You have an appetite for feedback and receive it with passion, seeking out opportunities to become a better operator.
- Adaptive and flexible operators. You work well in ambiguity, feel comfortable context-shifting, and adapt quickly to changing processes and tools.
Bonus if you are:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Note: We are temporarily remote, possible return to the Jan./Feb. 2022. Once we are back in the office this role will be working from home 1 day a week.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness: