Customer Experience Advocate
Customer Experience Advocates take pride in delivering world-class support and a delightful experience to thousands of customers each month during the most important financial decision of their lifetime. This is a critical frontline operations role that touches every Opendoor acquisition and resale. You’ll have a front-row seat to view the complexity of our mission and help us build industry-defining solutions while developing real estate mastery along the way.
- Be the face and voice of Opendoor handling the complex needs of our customers with professionalism and empathy.
- Guide customers to understand all aspects of the Opendoor homebuying or homeselling process responding quickly to questions and unresolved issues via email, phone and chat.
- Work closely with internal teams(sales, valuation, renovation) and external partners(title/escrow, lenders) to deliver a seamless experience to Opendoor sellers, buyers, and agents.
- Deeply understand our customers needs, sharing insights with our product teams to improve customer experience.
- Help us develop new customer experience programs that set Opendooor apart(e.g., reaching out to new customers, following up with influencers, etc.)
- Remain flexible to work schedules that may include weeknight or weekend coverage.
We’re looking for teammates who are...
- Mission-driven. You believe in our mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move and can’t stop thinking about how we can improve upon our best-in-class customer experience.
- Hungry. You have the horsepower and whatever-it-takes attitude to give your customers a delightful experience working outside of normal business hours including weekends.
- True empaths. What gets you out of bed each morning is connecting with and helping people from all walks of life. You naturally put the needs of others before your own and derive energy from helping people.
- All about team. You thrive on empowering others and taking the time to nurture growth in your teammates. Before anyone asks, you’re always there to lend extra capacity when the team gets overextended.
- Skilled communicators + active listeners. You have limitless patience and enjoy the challenge of explaining a complex concept multiple times in different ways until a customer truly gets it. This can happen over the course of a 45-minute phone call or 10 emails and you don’t bat an eye.
- Solution-oriented. Everyone notices problems, do you have a bias towards action? When a current policy is creating customer friction or you’re certain a new tool could make our customer interactions more efficient, this gets you really excited. You scope the problem, gather supporting evidence, and propose a solution.
- Coachable. You crave feedback and receive it with enthusiasm seeking out opportunities to become a better operator.
- Adaptive and flexible operators. You work well in ambiguity, feel comfortable context-shifting, and adapt quickly to changing processes and tools.
- Spanish fluency
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top