Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Cloud Infrastructure team supports our cloud infrastructure and the engineers who use it to build our applications. We develop subject matter expertise on all of our cloud platforms and services, as well as the surface areas related to cloud infrastructure development. We provide strategic and tactical support for our cloud infrastructure to allow our product engineering teams to build reliable, high-performing services.
We’re seeking an exceptional Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join us as we build a common platform to support services and data processing across the company. From cloud infrastructure and continuous integration pipelines to developer tooling and monitoring service availability, the systems you build will support every team at Opendoor. You'll lead the development of projects that not only enable engineers to build high-quality and reliable services but also impact the growth trajectory of the company.
- Design, build, and operate the core platform infrastructure (e.g. cloud resources, container orchestration, continuous deployment) used by all of Opendoor's engineering teams.
- Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Design and implement processes to maintain and improve organization-wide reliability.
- Optimize build pipeline and tooling to reduce CI/CD times.
- 2+ years of applicable engineering experience
- Strong coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write Go, Python, and Ruby at Opendoor, but experience with others is also valuable.
- Experience with creating and managing AWS resources with Terraform
- Familiarity with monitoring systems such as Datadog
- Moderate experience with TCP/IP networking.
- Practical experience administering Kubernetes clusters
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Bonus points if
- You love improving the efficiency and productivity of your fellow engineers and think of them as your customers.
- Experience building for a microservice environment
- Experience with running CI systems at scale
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $149,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness