- Phoenix, AZ
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Role:
The Acquisition Associate’s objective is to provide accurate valuations and assessment of risk throughout the entire Opendoor pipeline from acquisition offer to resale closing. This individual plays a critical role in the Opendoor process, ensuring Opendoor homes are priced fairly, accurately, and competitively. In this role, leveraging prior real estate pricing experience will be crucial for success, while also abiding by Opendoor’s own philosophies and pricing standards.
- You will analyze individual homes for pricing and risk based decisions
- You will leverage model outputs and tools built by our San Francisco based teams, and validate results with personal expertise to help make the following key decisions related homes: acquisition denial, acquisition value, on-going value, and list prices
- You will collaborate with our renovations team on acquisition acceptance evaluation and renovation decisions
- You will engage in special projects focused on our pricing operations, e.g. collaborating with our data science and engineering teams to improve our models and tools
- This individual will work on a strong, collaborative team with local management
- At least 1 year of professional experience evaluating homes for price, value, and risk
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- You have deep real estate industry experience
- You have strong technical skills (Excel, Tableau, SQL, or ability to learn how to use advanced tools)
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top