Training Manager - Communication Ground System
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Training Manager will be responsible for the development, review and management of OneWeb’s Communication Ground Systems’ (CGS) Training Program providing focused training to its Ground Network Operations Center (GNOC) associates, Ground System Implementation and Operation experts, and related engineering staff in a manner which enables our global operations and support team to safely and reliably install, operate and maintain all hardware and software operational systems.
The Training Manager will develop the overall CGS training plan and approach to develop training materials supporting online, classroom based, and hands on training. This will include the use of third party vendors and OW suppliers to develop training details and materials. The manager will also conduct or manage the online, classroom and onsite training classes at OneWeb’s Global Network Operations Centers, Engineering Facilities, and Vendor or globally located sites. The Training Manager will be responsible for continuously evaluating and evolving the training program and courses based on new products, systems and features introduced in OW’s Ground Network Systems segment.
With the assistance of the Segment leaders and vendor base, the Training Manager will develop a master catalog of all documentation required for training the GNOC Operations Facility Operators, Ground System Operation experts including third party vendors, and related OW Employees on operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair of the CGS. The Training Manager will develop and maintain O&M manual policies and procedures, style guides, and formats as necessary to ensure ease of use and quality of documentation.
The Training Manager will act as a writer and editor who will review documents for content, quality and suitability to their intended purpose, will also write and edit; or oversee other writers to develop documents for OneWeb’s designed subsystems and processes. The Training Manager will maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation. Video instruction will also be integrated to the written documents for use where appropriate. The Training Manager will manage the video content and provide availability via the document management system.
Duties will also include delivering operator training content, de-conflicting training schedules with on-going development, maintaining the certification status of individuals and other external partners, providing guidance for training activities, and providing status updates to management.
The individual must be able to work independently under only general direction, have a high degree of attention to detail, and be trusted to enable on-time quality delivery of all documents for multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4-year technical degree with 8-10 years of experience working in a technical documentation role. Satcom or Telecommunications experience preferred.
- Proven experience in putting together Technical Training Programs in SATCOM or Telecommunications Industry.
- Proven experience conducting online or classroom based training.
- Proven experience collaborating cross functionally and externally on gathering training requirements and manuals/instructions to be able to design module based training courses.
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position.
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced, goal driven environment.
- Ability to define and communicate priorities and implementation timelines for project activities.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Fluency in the MS Office suite and other publishing tools.
- Strong organization skills for content management and collaboration.
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to create new content while leveraging existing content.
- Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional competencies and management levels.
- Ability to review and correct material for content, style, and compliance with internal and external standards.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Capability to handle sensitive material in compliance with internal and external requirements
Back to top