Technical Project Manager
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our talented and dynamic Product Development Team and ensure project scope is well deﬁned, completed on the agreed schedule, and overall cost is controlled within the allocated budget. The Technical Project Manager will support the Senior Technical Program Manager in leading assigned programs/projects. The successful candidate must be proactive and dynamic, with an ability develop sound processes and affect change. The candidate will be the primary point of contact with key vendors and partners. As such will be responsible for managing the relationship and the program including master schedule, budget, risk and conﬁguration management. This role requires someone with both program and technical skills.
- Performs Project Management activities and responsibilities in line with good project management practices outlined by the Project Management Institute or other similar professional bodies.
- Manages relationships with contractors and technical partners.
- Defines and develops statement of work for vendors.
- Manages major deliverables on time and within budget from multiple partners/contractors.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors and partners.
- Provides oversight and direction regarding schedule and work activities to a variety of contractors to ensure milestones and deliverable are achieved on time and within budget.
- Tracks progress and provides updates to the team on any changes in strategy or priorities.
- Develops, understands and manages interdependencies/relationships between multiple contracts.
- Drives solutions to complex business issues.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline, Electrical or Computer Science preferred.
- Minimum 6 years in program management environment with at least 2 years in managing large-scale successful programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage contracts within cost and schedule while meeting requirements and objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and eﬃcient solutions.
- Experience in technical development programs.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Oﬃce; working knowledge of program/project management software MS Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- Experience in Satellite communications, cellular communications or other communications.
- Experience in managing staﬀ of diﬀerent disciplines to produce results in a timely manner.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent.
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence & SharePoint.
- Experience working with multi-cultural and geographically dispersed teams.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top