Systems Modeling Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Systems Modeling Engineer will use software tools to analyze system capacity and traffic flows in the OneWeb network. This analysis will be used for the system deployment plans, business case analysis, and regulatory compliance analysis.
The successful candidate will combine a basic technical understanding of satellite communications, a willingness to experiment and try new things, and a customer service attitude. The Systems Modeling Engineer will use software tools developed by different teams within OneWeb and will interact with the tool developers to understand how the underlying models work. The current tool suite models link budgets, satellite power usage, ground network infrastructure, and other aspects of the OneWeb system.
If you can juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and enjoy learning new things, you are encouraged to apply.
- Use in-house and third party modeling tools to analyze traffic landing, capacity, and satellite usage with different system configurations and usage scenarios
- Make minor modifications to software tools that simulate the satellites and ground components to analyze new ways of configuring and running the constellation and ground network
- Work with developers to make larger modifications to tools to meet new modeling needs
- Work with engineering, business, finance, and regulatory teams to understand analysis needs, and to provide timely results
- Update standard set of reports when new engineering data becomes available
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of five years related experience
- Experience with engineering modeling tools
- Proficient making modifications to software tools
- Skilled in analysis of complex interactive system components
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Programming experience in Python, Matlab, or similar is preferred but not required
...No visa sponsorship available for this position...
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top