Sr. Linux System Administrator - UK
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
We are looking for an Linux System Administrator to help launch and operate the OneWeb satellite constellation. The world’s largest satellite constellation will require a proportionally large data center infrastructure for command and control, orbit determination, and engineering analysis. This position will automate the deployment of a complex ground system consisting of virtual machines and containers running in on-prem and cloud data centers.
- Design and implement Linux based IT infrastructure, in the cloud and on premises.
- Support OneWeb production systems with fail-over, load-balancing, backup, security, log management and monitoring services.
- Responsible for maintaining 99.99% system SLA. Final escalation point for production Infrastructure issues/ outages.
- Automate the deployment of a complex system consisting of virtual machines and containers.
- Monitor security and operation alerts, take preventive or corrective action to resolve issues.
- Ensure effective performance and 24x7 availability of the production IT systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years' experience as Linux Administrator on SRE/DevOps field.
- Expert knowledge in Linux system operation, configuration, troubleshooting and automation.
- Deep understanding of IT security with best practices.
- Strong in Ansible, Python, and Shell scripting.
- Working knowledge in Networking (TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP).
- Working knowledge in Database administration (MySQL Preferred).
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is highly desired.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
*Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Back to top