Spectrum Analysis Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
- Simulations and spectrum sharing analysis in support of coordination activities
- EPFD analysis of OneWeb and other systems
- Interference analysis to and from OneWeb's satellite constellation with other communication systems (e.g., GSO satellites, terrestrial services)
- Modeling and simulation and modeling of satellite constellations
- Analysis of geospatial data and interference statistics
- Development of system design and operational requirements to capture regulatory and coordination constraints
- Preparation, presentation, and defense of ITU contributions, as well as negotiation of output texts
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of satellite communications network architectures
- Simulation/model building using Java and/or Matlab
- Experience working with multiple data types in GIS software simulations
- High level of proficiency working with STK, particularly in constellation modeling, communications analysis, and dynamic visualization
- Strong analytic skills
- Demonstrated ability to represent position in multi-lateral negotiations with objectivity and high levels of professionalism and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- MS degree with concentration in RF or Communications Engineering, BS in Aerospace or related field (e.g., Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Eng.)
- Familiarity with broadband communication network architecture
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and policy development processes
- Experience with Transfinite software
- Foreign language skills (esp., French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian)
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top