OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfil our mission, OneWeb is revolutionising the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low-latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Solutions Engineering team is the technical interface and trusted technical advisor to Customers and Partners in the entire Sales cycle. The team focuses on supporting our Sales and Product teams from the technology perspective. Solution Engineers are tasked to work closely with Customers and Partners gathering and understanding their individual requirements, supporting OneWeb stakeholders internally from all divisions to formulate compliant solutions that can be satisfied within OneWeb capabilities and going hand in hand with Sales on proposals and Commercial initiatives.
- Provide enterprise-level technical support to sales staff, presenting product demonstrations, technical presentations and proposals for customers on the entire OneWeb portfolio
- Participate in the preparation of responses to customer RFI (Request For Information), RFP (Request For Proposal), and quotes to customers and partners
- Support customers with the design of end-to-end managed networks where OneWeb is the central component of the solution
- Work with Sales and Finance developing Cost/Price construct for quotes and special deals
- Work within Sales Engineering processes
- Maintain a solid overall understanding of terrestrial and satellite-based network services
- Develop baseline specifications and requirements for special projects
- Work with the Engineering, Customer Operations and other teams to identify, provide solutions and meet customer requirements
- Engineer all aspects of a solution including network designs, network sizing, and equipment specifications to include testing and implementation
- Support the Sales team in business development meetings with customers
- Assist Sales in the coordination of tests, demos, campaigns and trials
- Support customer-focused interactions with the Engineering, Operations and Business Development teams
- A BS degree in Computer Science, EE, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or other related technical fields, and 10+ years of related Network Engineering or Sales Engineering experience. Without a degree, minimum 15+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Terrestrial and Satellite communications services and infrastructure
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience developing, engineering, testing and implementing wireless (preferable satellite or LTE) solutions. Demonstrated experience designing solutions that incorporate RF technologies (e.g. satellite, LTE, cellular, etc.)
- Self-motivated with a proven Sales Engineering track record, have current and broad knowledge of terrestrial and satellite-based Telecommunications technology.
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills and are able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and reports.
- Have the ability to produce ROMs and quick turnaround estimates
- Eloquent individual, a good communicator with the ability to present complex issues clearly written or verbally
Skills and Highly Desired Competencies
- Proven experience supporting communications and IT systems in markets such as the Energy market
- 5+ years of Sales or Solutions Engineering experience in a Satellite communications company
- Are organised and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through the development of creative and adaptive approaches to varying and complicated customer requirements
- Must have proven experience in the application of network design, development and implementation techniques communications systems that involve a variety of hardware and software suites
- Have the flexibility to meet with the customer face-to-face, and travel on short notice in support of Sales efforts and “surge” requirements
- Although not consistently throughout the year, the candidate should be able to travel up to 30% of the time domestically and internationally
Back to top