OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
As a Solutions Engineer at OneWeb you will play a key role in ensuring that our future customers and partners receive the best possible solutions. Working alongside our sales team, you will provide in-depth engineering knowledge, technical support and technical sales and demos to influence market requirements and drive sales. As part of the sales engineering team, your role will be instrumental for OneWeb’s revenue growth across our key verticals: maritime, aviation, government and enterprise.
- Collaborate with the sales team and apply your engineering and system knowledge to develop solutions that meet our customers’ needs;
- Liaise with key customers to influence the early stages of the sales life-cycle and shape OneWeb’s core offering;
- Use extensive technical knowledge and analytical skills to address customer questions around capability, system performance, network integration etc.;
- Operate as the technical expert and solutions engineer for OneWeb products, services and wider technologies that are critical to our commercial team;
- Become a thought leader in our core technology;
- Communicate OneWeb networks capabilities to prospective customers and assist in capturing market requirements;
- Provide logical, technically robust and commercially viable responses to RFPs and RFIs;
- Interface with key end-users to educate them about the key aspects of OneWeb services;
- Play a central role in supporting the commercial team in driving the uptake of OneWeb products and services and increasing revenue across the prospective and existing accounts;
- Articulate and share the advantages and benefits of OneWeb services.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree or equivalent (satellite communications/ telecommunications/ aeronautical engineering);
- Proven experience in providing robust technical advice and solutions to customers in the Government, Maritime or Commercial/ Business Aviation community/ satellite telecommunications;
- Experience in a relevant technical sales/ product development position;
- Familiarity with satellite communications standards, interfaces, certifications and verification procedures, or experience with maritime satcom, systems installation or operation on board;
- Strong communicator who can articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Commercially astute with proven ability to influence customer interactions and requirements in line with the wider divisional/corporate goals;
- Open to international travel
Back to top