Software Systems Engineer - Associate
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
As a Software Systems Engineer on OneWeb’s IP Services team, you’ll be part of a highly motivated team responsible for modeling the IP services delivered over the OneWeb network. Over time you will come to understand each component of the OneWeb system, including global fiber-optic networks, ground-to-space communication stations, satellites, and user terminals. Systems analysis is required of all portions and at all levels, providing many opportunities for exciting modeling, analysis and impact. You’ll work primarily with high level modeling frameworks (e.g. Matlab, python, or tools specific to the subsystem) while working alongside Software and Systems Engineers to build large-scale, distributed software to simulate, integrate, and control an extremely complex system comprising these components. An ability to make complex and difficult trade-offs is a must; the decisions you’ll be involved in will drive the success of our business and mission to provide internet access for everyone.
- Assist with conceiving, modeling and defending various physical models of the OneWeb Satellite system as they pertain to IP Services dimensioning and performance characterization.
- Modeling of new and existing system features in OneWeb’s Matlab and Python-based toolkits, potentially with assistance from a partnered developer.
- Use, integrate, and modify models created by other OneWeb engineers.
- Work across a variety of software environments (python, java, and Matlab)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field, with relevant focus
- General experience or coursework in computer science, programming
- Comfort with appropriate software tool kits for communications areas of expertise
- Strong communications skills (verbal / written)
- Comfortable being responsible for existing areas of prior expertise, as well as learning new subject matter and contributing as needed
- Exposure to MATLAB, Python, Java
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top