SNP Site Project Manager, Asia Pacific
The SNP Site Project Manager, Asia Pacific is a key member of the Communications Ground Systems (CGS) gateway implementation and operations team responsible for overseeing the global rollout of OneWeb gateways. The position reports to the Director, Gateway Deployments.
• Key responsibility will be oversight of the Satellite Network Portal (SNP) Implementation and Operations (SIO) vendors contracted by OneWeb to perform site acquisition, infrastructure buildout, ground network, antenna equipment installation and on-going gateway operations and maintenance implemented globally at various hosted and greenfield facilities.
• Evaluate detailed proposal responses for candidate SNP sites, support SIO vendor negotiations, and make recommendations to OneWeb Management regarding site selection.
• Support site deployments including site surveys, site design, regulatory support, frequency interference surveys, satellite coverage analysis, and Site Acceptance Testing process.
• Support training package development and reviews including providing certification training of the contracted SIO vendors and their subcontractors on the OneWeb systems.
• Coordination with Logistics, Finance, Regulatory, SNP vendors, and SIO vendors for the shipping of the equipment to the sites, import Customs formalities, and required site license(s).
• Focus on ensuring the installed SNPs are operating and performing as intended per the OneWeb design requirements and SIO Vendor Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Work closely with SIO vendors and the OneWeb Ground Network Operations Center (GNOC) to implement and operate the shared ticketing system, global site monitoring and management, hardware and software configuration management, and SLA monitoring.
• Interface with the OneWeb Ground Network Operations Center (GNOC) team, OneWeb Systems Engineering group, and the Legal/Regulatory & Contracts group as it pertains to the performance of the SIO Vendors to their contractual obligations.
• Interface with OneWeb Finance accounts payable to establish procedures for invoice payment approvals, SLA compliance, and maintaining budget per schedules.
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 10 years of experience in satellite communications industry with focus on site acquisition and implementation.
• Demonstrated experience with gateway site design, regulatory support, frequency interference surveys, and site construction.
• Demonstrated success managing vendor/subcontractor(s) teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
• International experience in ground network deployments with experience working with Latin America vendors and countries a plus.
• Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced, goal driven environment.
• Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to be a team player.
• Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional competencies and management levels.
• Ability to meet aggressive timelines, sometimes with limited resources.
• Capability to handle sensitive material in compliance with internal and external requirements.
• Team working, creative and delivery focused.
• Excellent communication skills, presentations, report generation.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top