Site Manager, Satellite Network Portal - Europe
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Site Manager for Europe is a key member of the Communications Ground Systems (CGS) gateway implementation and operations team responsible for overseeing the global rollout of OneWeb gateways. The position reports to the Senior Manager Gateway Deployments.
- Key responsibility will be oversight of the Satellite Network Portal (SNP) Implementation and Operations (SIO) vendors contracted by OneWeb to perform site acquisition, infrastructure buildout, ground network, antenna equipment installation and on-going gateway operations and maintenance implemented globally at various hosted and greenfield facilities.
- Evaluate detailed proposal responses for candidate SNP sites, support SIO vendor negotiations, and make recommendations to OneWeb Management regarding site selection.
- Support site deployments including site surveys, site design, regulatory support, frequency interference surveys, and satellite coverage analysis.
- Support training package development and reviews including providing certification training of the contracted SIO vendors and their subcontractors on the OneWeb systems.
- Coordinate with Logistics, Finance, Regulatory, SNP vendors, and SIO vendors for the shipping of the equipment to the sites, import Customs formalities, and required site license(s).
- Focus on ensuring the installed SNPs are operating and performing as intended per the OneWeb design requirements and SIO Vendor Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Work closely with SIO vendors and the OneWeb Ground Network Operations Center (GNOC) to implement and operate the shared ticketing system, global site monitoring and management, hardware and software configuration management, and SLA monitoring.
- Interface with the OneWeb Ground Network Operations Center (GNOC) team, OneWeb Systems Engineering group, and the Legal/Regulatory & Contracts group as it pertains to the performance of the SIO Vendors to their contractual obligations.
- Interface with OneWeb Finance accounts payable to establish procedures for invoice payment approvals, withholding payments for SLA violations, and maintaining budget per schedules.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in satellite communications industry with focus on site acquisition and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with gateway site design, regulatory support, frequency interference surveys, and site construction.
- Demonstrated success managing vendor/subcontractor(s) teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- International experience in ground network deployments.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced, goal driven environment.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional competencies and management levels.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Capability to handle sensitive material in compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Team working, creative and delivery focused.
- Excellent communication skills, presentations, report generation.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
*Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area).
Back to top