At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Oneweb customers experience the services which contractually & operationally meet their requirements & expectations as per Service Strategy, Design & Service Management processes while driving the development of new products, services or processes based on a robust innovation framework.
The role will take a holistic approach to service & process design within the Services function helping shift CES (Customer & Enterprise Segment) from being just an operational aspect of the business to being a strategic contributor to business success through CXX (Customer Experience Excellence).
This role will enable OneWeb to be a true ‘Digital Telco / Service Provider’ through design and architecture of the type & level of services as dictated by the needs of Oneweb’s customers. The role will be instrumental in creating the Service Architecture for the key Services functions e.g., Global Command Center (GCC) & Customer Service Center (CSC) in line with ITIL/eTOM frameworks.
Services Architect will create standardized process for the customer on-boarding (pre- & post-sales) and support the commercial & customer on-boarding teams in delivering any non-standardized customer solutions.
The Service architecture & design is also expected to accommodate future expansion, including automation and innovation ultimately helping Oneweb deliver reliable services at optimal speed to market, lower costs and greater customer satisfaction. This will be done via an Innovation framework to lead the organization in Innovation path in the Terrestrial technology initiatives (identify areas, generate ideas, get business approvals and deliver pilots)
The Services architect will focus on designing services by taking a big-picture view of how those services will support Oneweb business processes & strategy in a structured manner, as follows:
- Gathering service requirements from the business
- Understanding the capabilities and resources required to deliver and support the service
- Determining how the resources will provide the integrated services with due considerations for the people, practices, processes, and standards such as ITIL, eTOM etc.
- Own Service Strategy, Service Portfolio & Service Design (including service catalogue)
- Design Service management process for the GCC & CSC (incl. Service desk design for CSC)
- Engagement with internal functions to agree OLAs, processes & interfaces
- Service reporting design / dashboards for GCC, CSC & Customer onboarding
- Accountable for CXX (Customer Experience Excellence)
- Service management tool design & implementation
- SLA / Service management / design proposals to customers – standard and non-standard
- Establish and drive Innovation framework and Innovation program calendar to proactively suggest new ideas, products and solutions
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Eng. degree – Master's degree preferred in Operations or Business
- 12-15+ yrs of technology experience including 8-10 yrs of experience in multi-technology IT/Telecom/Satellite Operations (NOC/GNOC/SOC, Command Center/Managed Services)
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience of processes, standards, tools & technologies in the Service Management domain in a telecom setup (e.g., ITIL/eTOM certifications)
- Proven track record of successfully designing and implementing e2e service architecture
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation skills with an ability to communicate to the C-suite
- Strong interpersonal & stakeholder management skills across functions, geographies & cultures
- Proven experience in navigating complex, networked organizations & rational experimentation
- Self-motivated, creative & analytical
- Experience of working with strategic alliances/partners for innovation
Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top