Senior Web Developer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
As the Senior Web Developer, you will lead the scaling, design, development, expansion, and maintenance of OneWeb and its sister brand’s internal and external web development projects. You will interface directly with the leadership team, internal colleagues and vendors. We expect that you will use your entrepreneurial drive to develop great solutions, working independently with various stakeholders internally and externally, with limited oversight and high visibility.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code using best development practices
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and vendor or purchase alternatives
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Excellent communication and visual presentation skills for presenting designs to the executive committee
- Ability to perform detail-oriented, creative work independently or with limited supervision
- Collaborates with the communications team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints
- Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and functionality
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with wireframing, rapid prototyping, documentation and specification platforms
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems, mobile platforms, and browser types
- Proficiency with a variety of Content Management Systems
- An eye for design, and the ability to build visually appealing websites
- Experience with UI and UX design and implementation
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Adept problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Ability and experience as a member of a goal driven multi-discipline team
- Ability to work well with other organizations and disciplines including communications, engineering, and marketing.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to work in large diverse team environments
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Muse) a plus
- BS in web development or a related field required
- At least 5 years of proven working experience in web programming
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top