Senior Web Application Developer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Senior Web Application Developer is responsible for design and development of mission critical web applications to launch and operate the world’s largest satellite constellation. This individual must be an experienced full stack developer, and will work as a member of an agile software engineering team to build the Fleet Operations Ground System. This individual will assume an integral role in developing a complex computing platform. The candidate shall demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and have experience in working in agile team environment.
- Build highly scalable and high usable web applications to support space flight operations
- Implement web frameworks and integrate with other subsystems including COTS and custom code
- Develop, integrate, test, and deploy web applications into multiple environments
- Sustain software applications during launch and long-term operations
- Support program integration and test events
- Provide innovative solutions and problem solving
- Work closely with systems engineers, software engineers, and the mission operation team
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of ReactJS and NodeJS is required
- Database development and integration experience
- Development and integration experience on Unix and Linux platforms
- Experience developing large-scale web applications
- Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- NoSQL database experience is highly desirable
- 8+ years of object oriented programming (e.g. Java, C#, etc.)
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Space operations experience is helpful, but not required
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Computer Science or Engineering related field, additional education and training through an advanced technical
No visa sponsorship available for this position
Back to top