Senior Systems Engineer- Data Architecture
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is in search of a Senior Systems Engineer to be part of the System Architecture and Engineering group. The group is responsible for providing global connectivity through the design and development of an end-to-end system architecture. The position will report to and work closely with the Director of System Architecture and Engineering to design and document the operational and analysis portion of the data architecture. This requires close coordination and interaction with product line management, system architects, internal segment-level engineering teams, 3rd party partners, and other key stakeholders to ensure the system is designed, implemented and delivered to meet all functional, business, and regulatory requirements.
- The Senior Systems Engineer – Database Architecture in the System Architecture and Engineering group will work on the following:
- Definition of the end-to-end System Operational Data Architecture through close coordination with systems engineers in different departments who are developing multiple layers of the OneWeb architecture. The Systems Data Architecture includes:
- Collection and aggregation of data (all types) across all the elements within the entire system
- Correlation and predictive analytics on the collected data to satisfy the needs of various stakeholders including the systems engineering group.
- Proactive identification/trending of data to identify and mitigate faults
- Development of the end-to-end system Concept of Operations for the data architecture, working with other segment level stakeholders
- Development of the data model used across all the elements of the system
- Development of the tools and procedures for data collection across the multiple segments, and creation of a data lake
- Development and documentation of the Detailed System Data Architecture Design
- Supporting System Integration and Test (SI&T) activities as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be a systems engineer with extensive experience leading the design and development of complex data architecture satellite-based communications systems.
- Experience in system engineering disciplines including requirements management, configuration management, risk management and modeling techniques for complex telecommunication and satellite communication systems
- Proven ability to make decisions regarding technology direction and implementation based on long-term strategic objectives, while taking into consideration short-term implications for ongoing or planned implementations.
- Experience designing and developing data architecture solutions including big data architecture and analytic solutions.
- Experience designing data analytic solutions on big data technologies including Hadoop Core, MapReduce, YARN, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Candidate should have strong knowledge and exposure to cloud environments and experience on tools (such as Tableau and MicroStrategy) and ETL or data prep tools. It will be a bonus if the candidate additionally knows R, Python, Power BI & SAS.
- Strong NoSQL experience working with HBase, Cassandra or MongoDB
- Good understanding of multiple key technical areas including: LTE/3GPP, TCP/IP, RF
- Experience managing architecture considerations across functional and organizational lines.
- Knowledgeable in telecommunications in general, and cellular telephone networks as well as space based communications.
- Experience working at a major mobile operator highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with agile systems engineering principles preferred
- Experience with architecting and requirements definition of complex software systems highly desirable
- 10+ years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field, Master’s preferred
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top