Senior Systems Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a member of the OneWeb Communications Ground Segment (CGS) team developing and operating our globally dispersed Satellite Gateways, Ground Systems, Points of Presence, Laboratories and Operations Centers. The Engineer will be responsible for working with Commercial and Business Development teams within OneWeb in enhancing the developed baseline architecture to meet new customer requirements. This position will be responsible for the derivation of system level requirements from customer specifications, allocation of requirements across OneWeb components and leading design reviews (PDR/CDR) as part of the Systems Engineering process. This position will also be required to interface with external OneWeb partners and vendors to provide technical oversight on designed enhancements and ensure that the designed or delivered components are in full compliance with the documented requirements. The Senior Systems Engineer will also be required develop or review test plans and procedures as associated with the program as well as provide budget and schedule input as required to OneWeb management.
• Work on small teams for US Government or Special commercial projects to highlight OneWeb capabilities and develop new business opportunities outside of the traditional OneWeb technical offerings.
• Provide Systems Engineering oversight and analysis on enhancing existing OneWeb capabilities to meet new customer requirements.
• Interface with internal and external Engineering teams to adapt previously designed interfaces to provide new capabilities without impacting the baseline OneWeb services.
• Provide in depth technical analysis and guidance on deriving system level capabilities for meeting customer mission requirements.
• Conduct technical trade studies and provide guidance on best fit options based upon schedule and budget resources.
• Develop detailed technical design, interface and requirements specifications to document System Architecture.
• Develop Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for the full Systems Life Cycle from initial deployment, to steady state operations and end of life transitions.
• Provide technical representations and presentations for meetings at Customer Sites, Trade Shows and Industry Exhibitions.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 8+ years’ experience in a Systems Engineering role.
• Successful experience as both an individual contributor and technical lead in the development of complex satellite and/or telecommunications systems.
• Experience with deploying and supporting satellite communications systems for global/regional operators.
• Expertise and understanding of System Engineering principles to include each of the separate phases of the Systems Engineering life cycle (i.e design to test).
• Experience utilizing one or more system requirement management software tools (i.e. IBM DOORs, Caliber, Jama, etc) for documenting, allocating and tracing system level requirements across different components within the designed architecture.
• Expert knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas and general knowledge across other the areas as listed:
o Satellite Link Budgets
o RF Antenna Engineering
o Digital Communication Theory
o Communication System Modeling/Analysis
o IP Networking
• Expertise in and the ability to develop and thoroughly document interface and integration requirements in Technical Specifications, Interface Control Documents, and Test Plans and Procedures.
• Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types; experience presenting to management and external stakeholders.
• Ability to manage and work in a multi-cultural environment including ability to develop win-win relationships with globally located, multicultural organizations.
• Strong English language “native level” skills with skills in other languages a plus.
• Satellite Communications Systems Engineering experience
• Prior experience on developing satellite or terrestrial communication services for US Government or Commercial Enterprise programs
• Ability to obtain US Government Security Clearance
• B.S./M.S.in Engineering
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top