Senior Solutions Architect, AWS
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
***No visa sponsorship available for this position***
As part of OneWeb's Cloud, DevOps and Digital Transformation, we’re seeking a Senior Solutions Architect of Amazon Web Service (AWS) to design and deploy enterprise-wide, complex cloud messaging and collaboration infrastructure solutions as part of a Customer Experience (CX) ecosystem.Thought leadership plays an important part in this role as you look for new ways to maximize value for the company by establishing best practices and proposing enhancements and features for our corporate portfolio.
- Solutions Architecture for newly created AWS Landing Zone and help integrate SaaS products in partnership with Cloud Ops and Release Engineering
- Lead technical discussions with Architecture and Engineering peers and senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Partner with Security Architecture and Cloud Operations teams to establish a Service Adoption Framework for certifying newly released AWS services
- Architect by engineering, while driving pilots/proof of concepts and serving as AWS Subject Matter Expert
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new could messaging platforms.
- Designing architecture with AWS native services (e.g., AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, AWS CloudFront, AWS Lambda, CloudWatch, etc.) and share best-practice knowledge with peers
- Accurately estimate time-to-completion and budget, plan and execute projects on time and on budget while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Technologist: You are a solid technologist with strong business and architecture skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two.
- Motivated: Must have deep technical credibility with engineering organizations, and ability to recruit top engineers.
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization.
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible, resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality.
- Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals.
- Bold: History of taking smart risks and aggressively leading through change.
- Detailed: Proper documentation and training do not scare you. You must be articulate.
- Partner: Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other Technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions
Required Skill & Experience:
- 7+ years enterprise IT application experience
- 3+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, or systems architecture
- 3+ years of Python and/or NodeJS experience
- Very fluent with scripting automation for data extraction, monitoring and bootstrapping
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services
- Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, ITAR / EAR, IAM policies
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification
- Experience with Datadog or New Relic
- Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with C-level executives, IT Management, and developers
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, both verbally and in writing
- Experienced with on-prem to AWS migrations at a large enterprise scale
Back to top