Senior Software Systems Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Senior Software Systems Engineer is a member of the OneWeb Communications Ground Segment (CGS) team developing and operating our globally dispersed Satellite Gateways, Ground Systems, Points of Presence, Laboratories and Operations Centers. The Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the Communications Ground Segment systems are successfully integrated into the larger OneWeb system and operated in a manner meeting our exacting system availability and service requirements. This includes working with internal and external teams to verify both interface and segment performance. The Engineer will utilize their considerable previous expertise in software, network, network/systems management and systems integration for satellite and telecommunications systems. This position will be engaged in the development, deployment, integration, test and validation of overall system functionality as well as future upgrades and enhancements.
- Analyses the CGS system design and recommends highly efficient interface structures and constructs to be used for design validation and operations.
- Develops highly effective integration methodologies and tools to assist in subsystem, segment, and system functional validation. Includes development of software automation tools and methodologies.
- Develops software scripts to validate CGS system requirements, test plans and efficient operations.
- Supports implementation, integration, and test of the CGS segment components. This includes ensuring that all Network Operations Systems and Subsystems are correctly specified, fully integrated and tested for our Globally deployed Network Operations Center’s.
- Provides high level expertise in the integration of key monitoring and control functionalities including resolving highly complex integration challenges.
- Analyzes and reviews data structures and transfer algorithms to ensure fault tolerant solutions are implemented across the segment.
- Develops exacting test procedures to ensure integration, validation, and operations testing is conducted efficiently and correctly by our laboratory and over-satellite test teams.
- Lead teams in the conduct of test campaigns.
- Reviews and critiques Network Operations Systems vendor integration plans, test plans and test scripts
- Leads anomaly resolution teams as required.
- Provides ongoing software systems support to the operations team to test and verify system and software upgrades.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Successful experience as both an individual contributor and technical lead/manager in the integration, test, and verification of complex satellite and/or telecommunications systems.
- Working knowledge in Skyline’s Dataminer end-to-end multi-vendor network management & OSS solution/products.
- Experience with developing system models and test cases using Matlab, Python and/or C++ code.
- Experience with JIRA ticketing system and Confluence.
- Expertise in, and ability to develop and thoroughly document interface and integration requirements in Technical Specifications, Interface Control Documents, and Test Plans and Procedures.
- Working knowledge of software development, in support of RF, digital, network and network management technologies with ability to develop test requirements, plans, and procedures as well as an ability to evaluate and optimize those produced by third parties.
- Experience with LTE/3GPP mobile communications systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of orbital principles, satellite operations, ground system and telecommunications operations and systems highly desirable.
- Ability to resolve complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types; experience presenting to management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and work in a multi-cultural environment including ability to develop win-win relationships with globally located, multicultural organizations.
- Strong English language “native level” skills with skills in other languages a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5-10+ years of related experience.
- Detailed understanding of software and hardware development, implementation and testing of software used in satellite and/or telecommunications systems.
- Excellent communications skills: ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and technical information to engineers and senior staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, define, and document data transport, capture, and validation constructs and implement such in highly available control systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers in the performance of system integration and test.
- Self-starter, proactively takes the lead/initiative to ensure system design issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to develop test scripts using Python or similar scripting language.
- Proficient in C++, PERL, Ruby, IDL.
- Proficient in MatLab, STK, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with IP networking, virtualized systems, Spirent Test Center or similar, and Satellite Telecommunications test equipment.
- 3GPP/LTE systems knowledge and test experience.
- Prior experience of integrating and testing systems and subsystems for high availability operations.
- Satellite Communications Systems Engineering experience.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top