Senior Site Development Manager
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Senior Site Development Manager is a key member of the Communications Ground Systems (CGS) gateway implementation team responsible for overseeing the global rollout of OneWeb gateways. The position will report to the Director, SNP Implementation and Operations and will have 3 to 5 regional manager direct reports, each responsible for a subset of gateways.
- Manage a Team of focused Site Managers, each responsible for delivering one or more OneWeb Satellite Network Portal (SNP) sites into Operations.
- Oversight of vendor contracts supporting OneWeb to perform site acquisition, infrastructure buildout, ground network and antenna equipment installation.
- Management of Site deployment activities to include site design, regulatory support, frequency interference surveys, and satellite coverage analysis.
- Support and play a key role with OneWeb’s regulatory team for compliance and global earth station licensing activities including management and review of site Frequency interference.
- Participate in ground segment design review with associated FAT/SAT activities.
- Manage contracted SNP Implementation and Operations (SIO) vendors on the OneWeb systems.
- Interface with the OneWeb Ground Network Operations Center (GNOC) team, OneWeb Systems Engineering. group, and the Legal/Regulatory & Contracts group.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in satellite communications industry.
- Demonstrated success managing Engineering teams.
- Demonstrated experience with gateway site design, regulatory support, frequency interference surveys, and satellite coverage analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- International experience in ground network deployments.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced, goal driven environment.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional competencies and management levels.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines, sometimes with limited resources.
- Capability to handle sensitive material in compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Team working, creative and delivery focused.
- Excellent communication skills, presentations, report generation.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top