Senior RF Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is in search of a User Terminal (UT) RF Engineer to assist design, test and validate the RF modules of various OneWeb UTs. The RF Engineer will play a critical role in developing the RF and antenna subsystem architecture and specifying technical requirements for the terminal core modules. This position is responsible for coordinating the several module design with various vendors and qualifying the prototypes of the RF and the antenna modules.
The ideal candidate will be a RF and/or antenna design engineer in the field of high frequency satellite communications with extensive experience in developing RF architecture and documenting subsystem and module requirements. The candidate should also have strong knowledge about RF circuit and components, including power amplifiers, mixers, PLLs, filters and antenna design. This position will play a crucial role in communicating hardware design requirements and manufacturing information with many vendors, and therefore excellent writing and communication skills are required. This position will be based at our User Terminal Engineering Development Center in the Tysons Corner, VA vicinity.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Develop RF and antenna architecture for Ku-band terminals with various antenna technology
- Document RF and antenna architectural design, requirements analysis, test reports and traceability matrices
- Facilitate communication with involved engineering segments (System, HW, SW and Regulatory) and contract manufacturers
- Evaluate and verify advanced antenna technology applications for terminals
- Test and validate prototypes of RF, antenna and other hardware modules
- Work with software engineers and use Matlab or python to automatize RF tests on equipment
- Expect up to 20% travel
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering. Degrees in other engineering and science fields with a focus in high-frequency electronics will also be considered.
- Minimum 5 years in RF circuit and hardware design
- Solid knowledge in wireless and satellite communication system design
- Strong experience in RF system requirements analysis and module development
- Strong knowledge in antenna design principle and advanced antenna technology
- Hands-on experience in RF circuit measurement, test and debugging by using lab equipment including vector signal generators, spectrum analyzers and vector network analyzers
- Hands-on experience in RF design software, including SystemVue and HFSS
- Strong c, Matlab and/or python programming skills
- Good understanding of 3GPP standards and test methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on technical matters
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master degree in electrical engineering.
- Hands-on experience with IBM DOORS platform and JIRA
- Hands-on experience with Rodhe&Schwarz and Keysight RF test equipment
**No visa sponsorship is available for this position.**
Back to top