Senior Release Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
***No visa sponsorship available for this position***
As part of OneWeb's Digital and Cloud Transformation, we’re seeking Sr. Release Engineers to be part of the team which is responsible for providing continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) services for other teams inside OneWeb through collaboration, leadership, and evangelism. You will be part of the team that will build the Release Engineering practice from ground up.
- Provide a "self-service" provisioning of Continuous Integration (CI) and Delivery (CD) infrastructure for teams
- Develop tools that enable teams to scale their own CI and CD workflows
- Provide advice, planning, guidance, and hands-on support using "CI as Code" for the customer
- Collect metrics, logging, and automate reporting about our CI and CD infrastructure
- Keep traceability for every piece of code delivered to production
- Design, develop and maintain release pipelines for our products
- Engage with every other engineering team at OneWeb to understand their needs and lead them to improve their integration and release experience
- Create guidelines for recommended release management practices and evangelize them among teams at OneWeb
- Automate and scale our CI and CD infrastructure
- Enhance engineering operations by providing support and guidance to deliver new services to production
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Engineering, Release Engineering or a similar role
- You're passionate about CI/CD and shipping world-class software projects
- Docker and Kubernetes are part of your daily development workflow
- You write clean, readable, and maintainable code (Python, Go, Node)
- You like automating things with Python, Bash scripts, and possibly Powershell too
- You've worked with Github Actions, Azure DevOps, GitLab, or Jenkins pipelines or have experience with other CI tools
- The Github flow is familiar to you and you like working this way
- Doing low level git operations doesn't scare you
- You've used or are curious about DEB/RPM packaging and hosting Linux package repositories
- You can prototype and build proofs of concept with different technologies to understand trade-offs
- You are invested in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices · Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to influence development teams and evangelize best practices
- Have passion for infrastructure as code and configuration management tools
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, deployment tools such as Spinnaker, Harness, Electric Flow
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and/or SysOps Admin certification
- 4+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices
- 5+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Node, Go, Java, Ruby, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with AWS Lambda
- 2+ years of experience with Chef or Ansible
- 5+ years of professional experience in Linux environments
- 5+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting)
Experienced with Datadog, New Relic and/or Nagios
Back to top