Senior Quality Control Manager
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is seeking a Senior Quality Manager to join our talented and dynamic User Terminal product development group for our OneWeb LEO satellites constellation. In this role, the successful candidate will have direct contribution with the design, development, and execution of engineering deliverables for various projects. The Senior Quality Manager receives general direction from Director of Engineering, other Technical Leaders, and/or other management, but works with minimal supervision and is expected to demonstrate independent action and initiative. He or she provides direction and support to project team members as needed as both a technical leader and an individual contributor.
- Provide engineering support to Contract Manufacture operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce commitment to quality improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with OneWeb partner’s quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the core modules and parts.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
- Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations to the management review team.
- Help setup and maintain Product Data Management for organizing and managing product design assets, supporting globally distributed engineering teams with projects, item and Bill of Materials Management, Change & Release Management, Classification Management and Workflow.
- Has frequent and direct contact with partners regarding deliverables, and general project communications to maintain and improve deliverables and products delivery.
- Assures and collect system and product quality by help designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Support internal/external engineering and manufacturing personnel with evaluations of deviated components, corrective action investigations and other quality related activities.
- Setup TL9000 or equivalent Quality Management System (QMS).
- Define effective cost and performance-based measurements to guide progress and evaluate the results of QMS implementation.
- Software development and life-cycle management.
- Requirements to address communications between telecom network operators and suppliers.
- Ensure OneWeb’s readiness for all internal and external quality audits.
- Develop the annual audit plan, train internal audit team members, perform necessary duties as OneWeb Lead Internal Auditor and provide ongoing communication/reporting of results.
- Coordinate and direct external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring OneWeb’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with the quality system requirements.
- Expect up to 30% of global travel.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in quality assurance responsibilities relating to telecom and manufacturing with at least 3 years in managing a TL9000 quality management system.
- Exceptional electrical and mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of electrical and mechanical manufacturing processes).
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the telecom industry and high-volume and high-mix production.
- Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’s.
- Customer quality assurance experience.
- Previous audit experience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to existing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create ideas and develop solutions - Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be familiar with the impact of the manufacturing process on the key factors that control the form, fit, and function of user terminals.
- Provides accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to partners and other team members that effectively communicate the value of his/her designs.
- Engages and manages outside vendors for gathering of DFx feedback.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top