Senior Network Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Sr. Network Engineer is a member of the OneWeb User Terminals team responsible for design, modeling and driving the implementation, and maintenance of the OneWeb User Terminal IP network infrastructure. The engineer will develop networking solutions for the OneWeb User Terminals that integrate and interoperate with our evolving global network architecture which provides high availability, seamless data connectivity between the OneWeb Satellite Network Access Portals (Teleports), globally located PoPs, our Network Operations Centers, and related OSS/BSS systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in developing reliable and high-performing networks integrating LAN, WAN, Internet, and intranet components.
- Experience analyzing network performance and developing network designs and implementation improvements.
- Experience and understanding of 3GPP principals including experience with eNodeB to S/P-GW and HSS/MME networking.
- Working knowledge of Network Management Systems and implementation thereof.
- Experience with network security principles, designs, and implementation devices/approaches.
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP, routing protocols, QoS, caching, DNS, header and data compression,
- Demonstrated ability to decompose system level needs into architectures and implementations that result in efficient and secure networks.
- Understanding and experience with Satellite based Telecommunication systems a plus.
- Ability to work well with other organizations and disciplines including engineering, business management, marketing, and sales.
- Ability to resolve complex problems requiring innovative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types.
- Experience presenting to customers and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- CCNA/CCNP or similar certification is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Linux networking, QoS, Cisco IOS, JunOS.
- Knowledge of Python, C++, Java and data analysis algorithms.
- CCNA/CCNP or similar certification.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top