Senior Integration & Test Engineer - IP Network
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is in search of a Senior Integration and Test engineer who is looking to help OneWeb provide global connectivity using OneWeb’s innovative global solution. The Senior Integration and Test Engineer is a core member of the OneWeb Communications Ground Segment Integration & Test team developing leading edge satellite and ground system telecommunications solutions. The Communications Ground Segment includes globally dispersed Satellite Gateways, Ground Systems, Points of Presence, and Operations Centers.
- Provides technical leadership in support of the integration design, development, and verification of OneWeb’s Communications Ground Segment with a primary focus on the IP network elements being developed by our vendors and teammates.
- Develops technical solutions regarding system integration interfaces, and integration and test methodologies.
- Define, plan, and conduct complex test campaigns involving both internal and external providers and stakeholders.
- Work with others including OneWeb partners to develop subsystem and system test plans and methodologies, and ensure such are integrated and successfully tested to OneWeb standards.
- Work with other team members and engineering groups to identify hardware and software testing requirements.
- Participate in test plan creation.
- Perform system-wide end-to-end integration and regression testing.
- Document results and review with designated teams or vendors as needed.
- Work with vendors and OneWeb engineers to resolve issues discovered during testing; develop and document workarounds where possible, and assist operations team with implementation as needed.
- Participate in Operational handoff review activities.
- Accomplish the above tasks within allotted project timelines.
- Assist with managing onsite and offsite vendor resources.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Other duties as required.
- Will be expected to work well with minimal supervision.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 10 years of hands-on network engineering experience, preferably with a Wireless/Satellite service provider or Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience..
- Must have a thorough understanding and experience with IP routing, IP multicast, wireless, Voice over IP (VoIP), and/or home networking. Experience with automation, databases, scripting, and system administration is a plus.
- Expertise in, and ability to develop and thoroughly document interface and integration requirements in Technical Specifications, Interface Control Documents, and Test Plans and Procedures. .
- Working knowledge of software development, RF and digital communications with ability to develop test requirements, plans, and procedures as well as an ability to evaluate and optimize those produced by third parties. .
- Working knowledge of orbital principles, satellite operations, ground system and telecommunications operations and systems highly desirable.
- Ability and experience contributing as a member of a goal driven multi-discipline team.
- Ability to resolve complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types; experience presenting to management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and work in a multi-cultural environment including ability to develop win-win relationships with globally located, multicultural organizations.
- Experience with satellite based telecommunication systems a plus.
- Experience with LTE/3GPP mobile communications systems a plus.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top