Senior Integration and Test Engineer - SATCOM / RF
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is in search of a Senior Integration and Test engineer who is looking to help OneWeb provide global connectivity using OneWeb’s innovative global solution. The Senior Integration and Test Engineer is a core member of the OneWeb Communications Ground Segment Integration & Test team developing leading edge satellite and ground system telecommunications solutions. The Communications Ground Segment includes globally dispersed Satellite Gateways, Ground Systems, Points of Presence, and Operations Centers.
Candidates should have at least 10 years of hands-on experience in Communications Engineering, preferably with a satellite communications company. Experience with test methodology and tools are required. Candidates must have a thorough understanding and experience with satellite communications, wireless, and RF technology. Experience with LTE/3GPP mobile communications systems and IP network a plus. Candidates must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate must be a team player, with an inherent ability to work well under tight timelines, and have strong problem-solving capabilities. Will be required to share experience, skill, and talents with associates. Will be expected to work well with minimal supervision.
- Provides technical leadership in support of the integration design, development, and verification of OneWeb’s Communications Ground Segment with a primary focus on the SATCOM and RF elements being developed by our vendors and teammates
- Develops technical solutions regarding system integration interfaces, and integration and test methodologies including any necessary software development
- Define, plan, and conduct complex test campaigns involving both internal and external providers and stakeholders
- Work with others including OneWeb partners to develop subsystem and system test plans and methodologies, and ensure such are integrated and successfully tested to OneWeb standards
- Work with other team members and engineering groups to identify hardware and software testing requirements
- Participate in test plan creation
- Perform system-wide end-to-end integration and regression testing
- Document results and review with designated teams or vendors as needed
- Work with vendors and OneWeb engineers to resolve issues discovered during testing; develop and document workarounds where possible, and assist operations team with implementation as needed
- Participate in Operational handoff review activities
- Accomplish the above tasks within allotted project timelines
- Assist with managing onsite and offsite vendor resources
- Mentor junior engineers
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Successful experience as an individual contributor and/or technical lead in the integration, test, and verification of complex telecommunications systems. Experience with satellite based telecommunication systems a must.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Expertise in, and ability to develop and thoroughly document interface and integration requirements in Technical Specifications, Interface Control Documents, and Test Plans and Procedures.
- Working knowledge of software development, digital, and network technologies with ability to develop test requirements, plans, and procedures as well as an ability to evaluate and optimize those produced by third parties.
- Working knowledge of orbital principles, satellite operations, ground system and telecommunications operations and systems highly desirable.
- Ability and experience contributing as a member of a goal driven multi-discipline team.
- Ability to resolve complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types; experience presenting to management and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and work in a multi-cultural environment including ability to develop win-win relationships with globally located, multicultural organizations.
- Experience with LTE/3GPP mobile communications systems a plus.
- Experience with IP network a plus.
- Strong English language skills with “native” level skills in other languages a plus.
No visa sponsorship available for this position
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Vikram I.Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top