Senior Hardware Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our talented and dynamic product development group and play a critical role in creating the next generation of advanced User Terminals for our OneWeb LEO satellites constellation. In this role, the successful candidate will be directly involved with the design, development, and execution of engineering deliverables for various projects. The Hardware Engineer receives general direction from Hardware Engineer, other Technical Leaders, and/or other management. He or she provides direction and support to project team members as needed as both a technical leader and an individual contributor.
• Manage the design of PCBs comprising high-speed, high-density digital and analog, and mixed signal for high volume production
• Generate and maintain Technical Specifications for modules, components and top-level designs.
• Audit User Terminal design to ensure compliance with Design Requirements and Technical Specifications.
• Leads/executes product development solutions using development tools (CAD, analysis software, etc.) to generate robust CAD databases, schematic drawings, prototypes, and written reports.
• Support engineering process development and design for manufacturability efforts through specific assignments
• Support manufacturing personnel with evaluations of deviated components, corrective action investigations and other quality related activities.
• Provide accurate and articulate verbal and written presentations to partners and other team members that effectively communicate the value of the designs.
• Engages and manages outside vendors for prototyping, gathering of DFx feedback, obtaining cost/schedule estimates, etc.
• Work closely with other electrical, mechanical, thermal, and NPI engineers in all phases of the project.
• Frequent and direct contact with partners regarding deliverables, and general project communications to maintain and improve deliverables and products delivery.
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Expect up to 20% of travel.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus 10 years work experience in an engineered product environment
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience high-speed digital, FPGA, analog, DC/DC switching power supply designs
• Strong understanding of electrical engineering principles and design practices
• Demonstrated understanding of overall system architecture and interrelationships with other systems/assemblies and their consideration during development.
• Understanding of microprocessor architecture, FPGA, memory devices, interface technologies (USB, UART, SPI, I2C, PHY, Ethernet), switching power control circuitry, analog designs.
• Demonstrated ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to existing processes and procedures.
• Familiar with lab equipment such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, function generator, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc.
• Familiar with wireless design (WiFi 802.11ac) and Power-Over-Ethernet technologies.
• Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout.
• Experience in rapid prototype of circuit boards in a lab setting, including schematic design, prototype bring-up, debug, verification and signal characterization.
• Skilled in engineering design, analysis, integration, debug, manufacturing, and documentation tools.
• Familiar with the impact of the manufacturing process on the key factors that control the form, fit, and function of user terminals.
• RF Experience such as IF filters, RF MUX, frequency synthesizer inter-stage matching a plus.
**No visa sponsorship is available for this position.**
Back to top