Senior Ground Support Engineer - Network
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Ground Support Engineer (GSE) is a member of the OneWeb Communications Ground Segment (CGS) team supporting our world class Global Network Operations Center (GNOC). The Engineer will be responsible for ensuring successful operations of OneWeb’s Ground Network. This includes monitoring the network for alarms and faults, and performing Fault Diagnostics, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR). The Engineer will work within the Network Operations team and utilize their considerable previous expertise in RF Gateway and/or WAN/Core Network integration and operations to ensure a successful OneWeb program. The role will require working in shift as needed.
- Support Network Operations during the OneWeb Production Program deployment and operations phases
- Perform RF Gateway Network Operations within the GNOC
- Perform Enterprise Core/WAN Network Operations within the GNOC
- Work with the Network Operations team to perform FDIR
- Document and develop the operational processes required to support Gateway operations
- Support the configuration of the Network Management Systems to ensure a smooth and continuous network operations
- Interact frequently with Test Engineers, Ground Network Engineers, Core/WAN Network Engineers and User Terminal Engineers to perform system integration and operations
- Perform Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security (FCAPS) network management as part of the GNOC operations team
- Create and update Incident, Change and Problem tickets related to operational issues, configuration changes and root cause investigations
- Ensures that the Network Management System and subsystems are operating correctly
- Supports the development and continual service improvement of operational procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience gained in a live Network Operations environment
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, operating, and maintaining local and remote baseband, IF, RF, antennas, and WAN/LAN equipment
- Extensive experience in performing RF/Network Data Analysis & Optimization of Gateway sites and equipment
- Solid working knowledge of Satellite Communications Baseband, Network Management, and Modem systems equipment
- Good working knowledge of IP routing and networking. Good working knowledge of 5G/LTE preferred
- Excellent communications skills: ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and technical information to engineers and senior staff members
- Detailed understanding of Network Management system software used in satellite and/or telecommunications systems
- Expertise in and the ability to develop and thoroughly document network operational procedures
- Self-starter, proactively takes the lead/initiative to ensure operational issues are resolved effectively and efficiently
- Experience with satellite ground systems, satellite operations, and/or ground systems operations/development. Experience with MEO/LEO systems a plus
- Ability to develop test scripts using Python or similar scripting language
- CCNP/JNCIP or other equivalent certification
- Familiarity using Dataminer based Management System
- Linux Experience
- Familiarity with Nokia Core/WAN technology and tools
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top