Senior Database Administrator
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) for our Site Reliability Engineering team to help launch and operate the OneWeb satellite constellation. The world’s largest satellite constellation will require a proportionally large data center infrastructure for command and control, orbit determination, and engineering analysis. This position requires deep knowledge on Database Administration in Linux system environment, fully responsible for the support of multiple databases, and ensure OneWeb production database systems have 99.99% high-reliability to support the world’s largest satellite constellation.
- Design and implement Linux based database infrastructure, in the cloud and on premises.
- Provide Tier-3 technical support for production database systems (including MySQL, MongoDB and other NoSQL).
- Responsible for maintaining 99.99% system SLA. Final escalation point for production database issues / outages.
- Monitor security and operation database related alerts, take preventive or corrective action to resolve issues.
- Ensure effective performance and 24X7 availability of the production database systems.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hour activities.
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as database administrator (DBA).
- Expert knowledge in MySQL, including INNODB Cluster / Group Replication / MySQL Router, generic replication and clustering, performance tuning, monitoring, backup and restore.
- MySQL Database Administration certificate is highly desired.
- RHEL / CentOS Linux OS knowledge especially tuning I/O and other performance turning.
- MongoDB and other NoSQL knowledge is a big plus.
- Experience with using Database and server monitoring tools and creating customized monitoring plugins.
- Experience with using automation tools like Ansible and able to write Python and/or Bash scripts to automate database processes.
- Experience with Big Data tools like Hadoop, Elastic, Spark will be helpful.
- Experience with load balancing tools like HAProxy and F5 will be helpful.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Expect up to 10% of travel.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top