Senior Core Network Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
***No visa sponsorship for this position***
The Senior Core Network Engineer is a member of the OneWeb Networks team responsible for engineering and design of the 3GPP Evolved Packet Core (EPC) system complimented by common core elements. The EPC Core Network and common core will provide a standards-based implementation, high availability, and seamless QoS based IP services connecting Satellite Access Portals to the customer networks. The Core Networks team focuses on ensuring the design and implementation against OneWeb’s requirements through close coordination with the vendors and development/integration testing. Position requires strong 3GPP protocol knowledge with the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and offer solutions. The Core Network will be also integrate with the OSS/BSS layers for service management from both the end-user perspective as well as internal network management.
- Technical expert on the Design & configuration of 3GPP Evolved Packed Core and the related Subscriber profile and policy systems (HSS/PCRF).
- Formulate, document and engage with vendors to provide solutions as required by protocol interworking or product requirements.
- Work with vendor and peer organizations to validate reference designs and enhancements in lab environments
- Focus on integration efforts, configuration management, and testing execution related the Core Network (MME, SGW, PGW) and common core elements (DRA/HSS/PCRF)
- Develop design validation strategies against the EPC and Common Core elements from both a unit and system perspective.
- Develop methodologies and procedures to accommodate testing and validation of both internal release cycles as well as dependent systems (eNB, OSS/BSS)
- Participate in the managing lab delivery defining entry and exit criteria
- Ensuring configuration management supporting the production implementation
- Analyze, design, and develop Analytics and Key Performance Indicators for the EPC and Subscriber Management systems to ensure the systems can be adequately monitored for threshold and predictive analytics.
- Manage vendor and equipment lifecycles from the engineering and development perspective focused on vendor product enhancements
- Document analysis, design, and configuration for peer reviews
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in telecommunications preferably with a Tier 1/2 ISP or Service provider ISP, Wireless Service Provider, or another carrier centric environment.
- At least 10 years of technology leadership experience supporting a large, geographically distributed network infrastructure.
- At least 10 years’ experience in architecting reliable and high-performing networks; integrating LTE / EPC, IMS, VoIP, VoLTE, Wireless Core or similar technologies
- At least 10 years of experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP4/IPv6 / SIP/ VoIP/ and Ethernet networks
- Experience in developing LTE 3GPP based interface specifications, and understanding of 3GPP principals
- Direct experience with eNodeB to S/P-GW and overall LTE procedures strongly preferred.
- Significant experience in development and implementation of mobile systems generally, including Wi-Fi, VoLTE, IMS and other Real-Time packet core technologies
- 5 years experience in large-scale data center architecture/design, middleware architecture, design patterns, application deployment methods, automation, testing, compliance, and auditing Service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services; including service provisioning, product catalog integration, and billing systems integration
- Understanding and experience with satellite-based telecommunication systems a plus, but not required.
- Successful experience as an individual contributor and/or technical lead in the development of complex telecommunications systems with emphasis on LTE and IP networking systems
- Ability to evaluate and specify the interworking of many networking protocols and stacks
- Ability and experience as a member of a goal driven multi-discipline team
- Ability to work well with other organizations and disciplines including engineering, business management, marketing, and sales
- Ability to resolve complex problems requiring innovative solutions
- Strong presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types; Experience presenting to customers and external audiences
- Engineering undergraduate required with Master of Science (or equivalent education) preferred.
Back to top