Senior Civil Structural Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Gateway Site Civil Structural Engineer is a key member of the Communications Ground Segment (CGS) gateway implementation and operations team. The Civil Structural Engineer is responsible for supporting site infrastructure design for OneWeb’s global earth stations. A key aspect of this responsibility includes analyzing the antenna pad designs submitted by the vendor host sites and verifying the designs meet requirements. This includes documenting the analysis of each foundation in a summary report. Additionally, the Civil Structural Engineer will interface with OneWeb contractors responsible for civil works and review all design documents developed by the host site vendors to determine their compliance with code (country or region-specific). The job function will require some international travel for site infrastructure inspection and site civil works acceptance testing. This will include on-going operations support for site design problem resolution and site upgrades.
- Assist in the preparation of plans and specifications, engineering reports, engineer’s cost estimates, quantity take-offs, etc.
- Develop and maintain requirements associated with the civil aspects of site design
- Review construction submittals for conformance to contract and design documents
- Read, interpret, and apply codes and standards to design
- Perform structural analyses and calculations using industry-standard software
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities, etc.
- Perform all routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of engineering principles
- Complete tasks assigned on time and to high level of quality.
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited civil engineering program.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the civil engineering field.
- Strong proficiency in structural analysis of concrete and steel structures.
- Strong English language proficiency with skills in other languages a plus.
- Strong proficiency with analysis software (MathCAD, STAAD, RAM, Visual Analysis, etc.).
- Strong ethics, integrity, commitment to self-development, and desire to work in a deadline-driven team environment.
- Proficient with CAD tools, such as AutoCAD.
- Understanding of steel, concrete, and masonry design and construction techniques.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply codes and standards to design.
- Experience with concept plans, site plans, grading and drainage plans, and earthwork analysis
- Field experience.
- Ability to handle material in compliance with export control regulations.
- Experience in Windows environment and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
- International experience dealing with various standards, construction regulations, and bylaws a plus.
- Gateway (teleport), GSM, and/or data center design experience a plus.
***No visa sponsorship is available for this position.***
Back to top