Satellite Ground Network Interface Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Network Interface Engineer will participate in the implementation, configuration, and support for Fleet Management Segment (FMS) technical efforts associated with OneWeb Fleet Operations. This individual shall be familiar with Fleet Management and Network Operations Center (NOC) operation application software, infrastructure hardware & software. Finally, this position will require working closely with the OneWeb System Engineering team, OneWeb segments, and mission operation team to support the system application interfaces throughout the satellite system development and operation.
Duties include shift work, on-console support to the Satellite Operations Centers (SOC). Duties may also include supporting system deployment, and integration & test activities as required. Finally, this position will require working closely with communications network teams, systems engineers, software engineers, and mission operation teams to support satellite system operations.
- Participate in proactive OneWeb service management with Global Network Operation Center (GNOC) by interfacing GNOC network management system
- Consistently display situational awareness and take initiative to address system and operation issues between OneWeb SOC and GNOC
- Work with SOC and GNOC engineers to investigate inter-segment network problems and to be a network interface maintenance liaison
- Development of inter-segment network interface technical support documentation and operational procedures for the SOC mission operation team
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment
- Domain knowledge of satellite communication network management system, gateway, and network infrastructure & operations
- Domain knowledge of LAN/WAN inter networking technology and protocols and OSI layers
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and adapt quickly to changing situations
No visa sponsorship is available for this position
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top