Satellite C2 Ground Network System Controller
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Ground System Controller position is a shift position, reporting to the on-shift Mission Director, and the successful candidate will participate in the implementation, configuration, and support for Fleet Management Segment (FMS) technical efforts associated with OneWeb Fleet Operations. This individual shall be familiar with satellite ground systems, mission operation application software, infrastructure hardware & software, and mission operation support. This position will require working closely with the FMS Ground System mission operation team to support the system application throughout the satellite system development and operation.
- Maintain satellite command and control ground system to ensure nominal operations and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Identifying, analyzing, and troubleshooting satellite operational data flow related issues in OneWeb Fleet Management Segment (FMS) ground system including firewalls, routers, switches, cloud computing infrastructure, FMS application software layer, remotely hosted hardware, and MPLS network
- Maintain the network integrity and security of FMS infrastructure systems
- Monitoring and measuring availability, latency, and overall system data flow health
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, C, or C++
- Experience working in Unix/Linux OS based systems
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development process, DevOps, and mission critical production environments
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS or private Cloud implementations, including Open Stack
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with continuous monitoring tools, including Kibana and Nagios
- Experience with network administration of Cisco and/or Arista platforms
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN inter networking technologies and all OSI layers including the application layer
- Experience with Satellite ground communication system including Radio Frequency (RF) antenna equipment, and wide-area communications networks.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top