RF Test Engineer
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
OneWeb is in search of a User Terminal (UT) Test Engineer to help qualify various OneWeb User Terminals. The RF Test Engineer will play a critical role in developing and maintaining the test environments required for the User Terminal System Integration and Test Program. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing the UT System Integration & Test (SI&T) Program. This is a system level program focused on the integration and testing of UT segments including elements of: Space Segment, Communication Ground Segment, and the Corporate OSS/BSS Segment.
The ideal candidate will be a LTE or RF satellite communications RF test engineer with extensive experience in generating test plans and execution of complex sub-systems and systems integration and test programs as well as systems development and test automation. This position will play a critical role in the development and support of the required test environments for the UT I&T Program and take a leading role in determining verification and validation related requirements for all program requirements. This position will be based at our User Terminal Engineering Development Center in the Tysons Corner, VA.
- Hands on development and execution of the UT System Integration & Test (UT SI&T)
- Contribute to the overall UT SI&T approach, including the development, definition and implementation of testing methods for RF requirements of transceivers and antennas
- Utilize strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with external global suppliers testing and verification process
- Generate and review test requirement documents to validate compliance with multiple system Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Coordinate test equipment maintenance and calibration
- Validate prototypes performance based on technical requirement documents
- Coordinate test fixture design and fabricate with 3-D printer
- Engage in launch planning and execution for product test releases
- Expect up to 30% of travel
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor/Master degree in engineering plus 10 years of successful hands-on technical experience with basic RF/Microwave measurements and test equipment (e.g. signal generator, power meter, VNA, spectrum analyzer, temperature chamber)
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in accurate measurements of RF/Microwave components or subsystems
- Solid understanding of antenna radiation measurement and microwave anechoic chamber, including near- and far-field antenna ranges
- Working knowledge of LTE UE requirements and compliance test, including 3GPP technical documents.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to generate compliance Test Plans and Test Procedures
- Ability to effectively manage daily lab activities, equipment maintenance and calibration
- Working knowledge of requirements, test case and defect tracking tools
- Working knowledge of satellite communications systems and operations, and ground system and telecommunications operations and systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with IBM DOORS platform and JIRA
- Experience with Rodhe&Schwarz and Keysight RF test equipment
- Hands-on experience with using Matlab or Python to post-process measurement data
- Hands-on experience with agile systems engineering and continuous integration
- Hands-on experience with Jira, IBM Rational Quality Manager, Test Automation, Spirent (or similar) Testing Tools
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top