RF Systems Integration & Test Engineer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The RF Systems Integration & Test Engineer will support the Systems Integration and Test Team in developing and executing the overall system level integration and test plan. The successful individual will have the ability to investigate and debug complex problems involving the primary RF elements of the System – including satellite payload and earth station and user terminal elements. This position will work collaboratively with our partner vendors, system engineers, network architects, project stakeholders, and the management team. Must be self-driven and contribute significantly in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate and participate in RF and system level testing activities including test planning, execution and reporting
- Perform setup of test scenarios, both hardware and software components and perform troubleshooting as needed
- Evaluate and recommend third-party test tools and other software/hardware products to aid in the RF and system test effort
- Create testing tools, fixture and scripts as needed to support RF and system level testing activities
- Provide training and support as required to other technical staffs
- Ensure product under test meets technical, functional, performance and business requirements
- Expect up to 10% of travel
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree (advanced degree preferred) in RF Engineering plus minimum of 5 years of work experience in an engineered product environment
- Minimum of 5 years with Satellite RF communications systems
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in RF testing in Ka and Ku bands.
- Experience in using RF test equipment (Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers)
- Strong understanding of RF Engineering Principles and Design Practices
- Strong understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithms design (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, coding theory, etc.)
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to work in large diverse team environments
- Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience using Rhode and Schwarz test equipment like RTO 2044, SMW 200A.
- Scripting experience to automate tests as necessary.
- Experience executing satellite payload verification and validation test campaigns
- Experience with satellite payload in-orbit testing (IOT) and in-orbit monitoring (IOM) systems, techniques and verification and validation methods
- Experience in testing 4G LTE 3GPP based air interface specifications
- Knowledge of test case and defect tracking tools (Jira, Doors, Etc.)
- Experience with satellite related ground support equipment and special checkout equipment
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top