At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Project Manager is a member of the Program Management Office (PMO) team and is responsible for performing Project Management Activities and Responsibilities in support of the PMO for assigned programs/projects. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the PMO in defining project management activities and processes to align with Business objectives. The candidate will work with segment / department leads on assigned projects to develop/maintain/report project schedules, assist in monthly reporting, contribute to risk management and perform project analysis. He or she will follow the program through the first ten satellites in Toulouse, France, through the wider production of the wider constellation in Merrit Island, Florida.
- Perform Project Management activities and responsibilities in line with good project management practices outlined by the Project Management Institute or other similar professional bodies.
- Use project management methods and tools to establish work breakdown structures, resource scheduling and to identify and manage dependencies.
- Use specialised software to help with scheduling, costing, and risk analysis.
- Facilitate or Lead development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) with work package owners.
- Working with Subject Matter Experts and/or Work Package leads identify estimated costs for input into the project/program spend plans.
- Working with Finance, Accounting and Work Package leads collect and analyse project expenditures.
- Develop project documents (business cases, project charters, plans, budgets, etc.) for managing projects in-line with PMO best practices.
- May work with different segments or business teams as needed in project management role for assigned projects.
- Responsible for reporting the status of projects to ensure senior management has the information to assess if programs will be completed on time, meet pre-defined requirements, and are within budget.
- May work on multiple projects, and will be responsible to understand the objectives and requirements of these efforts.
- Identify key stakeholders and engage stakeholders to successfully delivery business objectives. Engage all stakeholder groups to create project teams responsible for the development, testing and completion/handover.
- As appropriate, solicit and report status of contractors, suppliers and internal teams.
- Manage status of key program artefacts including risk plans, documentation registers, Program Charter, Test and delivery plans, schedules and all other Program/Project artefacts.
- Own the responsibility that program schedules are complete, accurate and up to date based on the data available. Alert management of any concerns identified in schedule accuracy.
- Organise and chair work package group reviews to provide status reporting and assist with risk, issue & change management. Serve as focal point for coordinating sub-team reporting material to ensure meeting presentation material is available.
- Develop project reporting templates as needed.
- Support the PMO in process and governance by working as part of a wider team of project, product and commercial managers to collaboratively develop and continuously improve standard project governance process and procedures along with on-going compliance.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS and SKILLS:
- Use of project management tools and disciplines to successfully deliver projects in a matrix management environment.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project schedules.
- Budget estimating and reporting.
- Facilitate team efforts to ensure program objectives are achieved. Drive collaboration and teamwork to execute the plan and monitor progress against the plan.
- Carry out effective and proactive risk, issue & change management.
- Provide accurate and timely status reporting.
- Work as part of a wider team.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with ability to build relationships with technical, business and senior management stakeholders.
- Ability to produce project documentation – project charters, work breakdown structure, risk logs, change management, etc.
- A high degree of organisational skills with passionate attention to detail.
- A high energy level with a dynamic, positive and ‘can do’ style.
- An ability to work under pressure against short timescales.
- 5+ years of experience working in a Project Management role on technical projects.
- Project delivery using best practice methodologies and project manager tools.
- Experience working with outsourced and internal delivery teams
- Travel required to Merrit Island, Florida & Toulouse, France
- PMI or equivalent certification.
- Experience in multi-cultural teams.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Previous Project Management experience with a satellite communications company is preferred.
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top