OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Project Engineer is a key member of the Communications Ground Segment (CGS) engineering team and is responsible for leading the development, integration, and commissioning of CGS equipment including, Satellite Access Point (SAP) antennas and site Common Equipment (CE). The engineer will also perform evaluation and management of subcontractors and vendors to ensure projects remain on plan in all areas, technical, schedule and cost. Other tasks include the review of subcontract proposals, management of contract deliverables, and vendor corrective actions. The engineer will actively monitor project risks, develop and recommend corrective actions and alternative plans when required.
• Support Project Managers and the engineering team with project planning, resource planning, task coordination, and closure of action items.
• Define and communicate priorities and implementation timelines for engineering project activities.
• Work with other OneWeb organizations and disciplines including other engineering groups, business management, logistics and procurement.
• Work with various CGS subcontractors to identify and review risks, identify opportunities to mitigate identified risks, review monthly project reports, and status project schedules monthly.
• Support Material Management and Material Procurement activities as needed.
• Provide direction to and collaborate with vendors and other internal resources to develop hardware solutions for the Communications Ground Segment.
• Evaluate vendor designs, product changes, test methods, service documentation and corrective action plans.
• Manage documentation of vendor generated and internally generated product, designs, interface control documents, and user manuals.
• Develop installation, commissioning, maintenance and sparing programs.
• Prepare and Review engineering drawings, specifications, bills of material, and other engineering documentation.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline, preferably mechanical or electrical engineering.
• 5+ years project engineering or project management experience.
• Experience and understanding of mobile telecommunications systems or satellite communications systems; Experience with MEO or LEO Ka-Band technologies a plus.
• Working knowledge of project management disciplines including Integration Management, Cost Management, Procurement Management, and Time Management.
• Experience working with field installation, system integration and operations.
• Working knowledge of risk management techniques and discipline.
• Product life cycle knowledge (new designs), lead time work around planning, subcontract management interface.
• Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Good presentation skills with ability to tailor style to specific audience types.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Back to top