Procurement Contracts Manager
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Procurement Contracts Manager will develop and execute contracts for Communication Ground Systems (CGS) teleport site services agreements, hardware and technical services. This person will report to the Senior Commercial Contracts Manager and the leader and primary point of contact for such agreements. Working at the direction of the Senior Commercial Contracts Manager and in conjunction with the Program Managers and Technical leads, the Manager will negotiate long term Firm Fixed Price commercial service and supply agreements with a global vendor base; ensuring that the technical, timing, and commercial needs of OneWeb are met.
- Develop, negotiate and manage commercial purchase contracts working with Legal counsel, Program Management, Engineering, and Operations staff
- Run strategic sourcing process (RFx) in partnership with internal functional leads
- Participate in Proposal review and vendor selection processes
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, specifications, and regulations
- Oversee performance of subcontractors
- Negotiate subcontract changes and responds to formal subcontract inquiries and issues
- Perform support for transactional procurements and procurement administration as required
- Perform subcontract administration and other duties as required
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration or related field) An advanced degree or procurement certifications are desirable
- 6+ years of experience in commercial procurement. Experience in a telecommunications or satellite communications company preferred
- Experience with contracting for technical site development and leasing strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, drafting and administering complex commercial firm fixed price contracts for development and production
- Knowledge of international contracts, including experience with international tenders, letters of credit, and contracting in a variety of cultures
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently under only general direction, have a high degree of attention to detail, and be trusted to enable on-time quality delivery of results for multiple projects in a dynamic work environment
- Experience with export control laws and regulations.
No visa sponsorship available for this position
Back to top