Orbit Analyst (UK) (Multiple Openings)
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Fleet Operations UK Satellite Operations Center (UKSOC) Orbit Analyst reports to the Flight Dynamics Engineering Manager and works with the Flight Dynamics team to provide real-time flight dynamics operations shift support for OneWeb’s satellite constellation operations. This person will write and exercise Flight Dynamics procedures, run end-to-end tests against the software system, and work to maintain the UKSOC for Operations. On the operations floor, the Orbit Analysts report to the Orbit Engineer on shift. The Orbit Analyst must be able to balance the technical requirements of performing flight dynamics analysis and real-time mission support. The analyst will work with automated flight dynamics systems to perform orbit determination, generate maneuver plans (such as orbit raising, station keeping, and COLA response), develop contingency maneuver plans, analyze individual satellite trajectories, and generate other products from the Flight Dynamics system as required.
- Support system readiness, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation for all phases of spacecraft lifetime; from launch to mission to de-orbit
- Configure, operate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in the Flight Dynamics operations applications software
- Perform on-console Flight Dynamics operations in a shift environment
- Monitoring the Flight Dynamics Element processes: Orbit Determination, Maneuver Planning, Trajectory Planning, Attitude Planning, Evasive Action planning, and others
- Generating and verifying maneuver plans and assessing performance
- Follow, develop, and maintain Flight Dynamics operational procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics, or other technical Engineering field
- Experience with orbit analysis tools, e.g., GMAT, OREKIT, STK, FreeFlyer
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing mission/system requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication skills is essential
- A minimum of 2 years of aerospace industry or equivalent experience required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Operations experience with Multi-satellite LEO constellation operations
- Orbit Analyst experience
- Basic working knowledge of UNIX
*Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Back to top