Object Oriented Software Developer
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. It’s high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
We are looking for an object-oriented software developer to help develop a software system to launch and operate the world’s largest satellite constellation. This individual will design and develop mission critical software applications that integrate with COTS and custom software. Innovative approaches and problem solving is required, and the individual may be asked to implement automation and distributed processing. The candidate shall demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision and have experience working in agile team environment.
- Build highly scalable and reliable applications to support space flight operations, including Flight Dynamics
- Implement software frameworks and integrate with other subsystems including COTS and custom code
- Develop, integrate, test, and deploy software applications into multiple environments
- Sustain software applications during launch and long-term operations
- Support program integration and test events
- Work closely with systems engineers, software engineers, and the mission operation team
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of object-oriented development experience (e.g. Java, C#, etc.)
- Development and integration experience on Unix and Linux platforms
- XML and database development
- Designing and developing RESTful web services
- Experience building mission critical and large-scale server applications
- Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment
- Solid understanding of virtualization technology
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing microservices and deploying software to AWS
- Apache Spark, machine learning algorithms
- NoSQL databases
- Experience with OpenStack, KVM, Docker, Marathon, Mesos
- Python and other scripting languages
- Space operations experience is helpful, but not required
- Bachelor of Science, BS in a Computer Science or Engineering related field, additional education and training through an advanced technical degree or continuous learning is highly desired
*No visa sponsorship available for this position
Back to top