Modeling Engineer - Capacity & Demand
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The OneWeb systems engineering group builds models for business and engineering analysis of the OneWeb network. We are a very talented, collaborative, and results oriented team which is central to executing the OneWeb mission. Team members are expected to be self-motivated, think creatively, work collaboratively, learn from each other, and produce results that are critical to the company’s success.
We are looking for a capacity and demand modeling engineer to help our team better support the sales and finance teams. This engineer will work with engineering, finance, and sales to improve and refine tools for planning capacity and modeling user experience.
The ideal candidate will combine a facility with programming with an understanding the principles and algorithms of the model itself.
- Developing simulation tools to compute bandwidth delivered to different populations of user terminals
- Developing demand models for different market verticals based on customer feedback and usage data
- Help sales and sales engineering team effectively use models to maximize yield while maintaining SLA commitments
- Work with sales and sales engineering to define proper model results
- Work with finance to validate financial models
- Incorporate advanced network features (e.g. traffic shaping) into user experience models
Required Skills & Education:
- BS or BA in science, engineering, or math
- Python or similar programming language. (Code will be developed in Python, applicants without python experience can learn it but should have some other programming experience)
- 0-5 years of experience
- experience modeling some type of physical system
- Basic knowledge of communications systems; satellite communications knowledge is helpful but not required
- Basic knowledge of link budgets
- Good oral and written communication skills
No visa sponsorship available for this position
Back to top