Microsoft Solutions Architect - London
Microsoft Solutions Architect – London
OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast-growing opportunity with a clear purpose.
As part of OneWeb's Cloud, DevOps and Digital Transformation, we’re seeking a Microsoft Solutions Architect to design and deploy enterprise-wide, complex cloud messaging and collaboration infrastructure solutions as part of a Customer Experience (CX) ecosystem.
- Lead technical discussions with Architecture and Engineering peers and senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new cloud messaging platforms
- Designing architecture with Microsoft messaging and cloud technologies that meets customer’s technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads as well as Office 365 (O365), Teams and Exchange enterprise migrations
- Accurately estimate time-to-completion and budget, plan and execute projects on time and on budget while managing multiple projects concurrently
- SQL Server Reporting/Analysis/Integration Services
- Ensuring appropriate management structures and roles for administration of the current Microsoft 365 tenancy – baseline of current arrangements and remedial changes for establishing better practices
- Creation of a model-office tenancy with a robust release and test management regime to provide a rapid design to delivery pipeline for new roadmap features
- Solution arch and business case for delivery of 365 cloud backup
- Assurance that the design and implementation of 365 and tenancy model aligns to CyberSecurity and compliance controls, leveraging inherent capabilities within the subscription, e.g. Customer Key, Compliance Center, AIP, EMS, AAD/MFA etc.
- Migration of on-premise Microsoft Exchange 2016 to Exchange Online
- Migration of other Microsoft services and hosted COTS applications to a cloud target e.g. Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Completion of an approach to delivery of MFA/SSO for M365(+other SaaS), which is consistent with the current inflight IDaaS project and while delivering protection does not break the CX
- Further business exploitation across the M365 E5 to deliver value across all functional areas e.g. Teams / Sharepoint / Flow / Compliance Centre / AIP
- Improve CEIT (Cloud & Enterprise IT) operational efficiency and self-service capabilities e.g. Business Store, EMS/Intune Auto-Pilot, Azure Monitor / OMS;
- Additional governance and hygiene factors including full architecture and design documentation, demand management for onward sustainability via an agile backlog and sprint delivery cycle
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive engineering and architecture experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Microsoft collaboration stack including Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint Online, Azure, Skype for Business, SCCM and Teams
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Knowledge of IT security risks
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Service Management Automation (SMA) and/or Windows Azure Pack (WAP)
- Microsoft Identify Manager, Forefront Identity Manager and/or 3rd party Identity Solutions
- Microsoft System Center (VMM, OM, SM, Orchestrator)
- Hyper-V (VMware, KVM hypervisor exposure desired)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Manager/FIM)
O365, Exchange and Exchange Online
AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
Experience with Datadog or New Relic
- Technologist: You are a solid technologist with strong business and architecture skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two
- Motivated: Must have deep technical credibility with engineering organizations, and ability to recruit top engineers
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible, resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
- Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
- Bold: History of taking smart risks and aggressively leading through change
- Detailed: Proper documentation and training do not scare you. You must be articulate
- Partner: Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other Technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions
Back to top