Manager, UK Satellite Operations Center (UKSOC)
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISP’s and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect 2 million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
The Fleet Operations UK Satellite Operations Center (UKSOC) Manager reports to the Director, Fleet Management Segment, and is ultimately responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the OneWeb fleet of satellites. Leading Mission Directors and a wider team of SOC Controllers, the UKSOC Manager will have the authority to execute all actions necessary to maintain payload service, health of the satellites, and overall smooth operations. He or she establishes the satellite operations processes and ensures hardware and software are installed in a manner that meets the needs of the organization. The UK lead establishes the technical rhythm or cadence for operations teams; manages the end to end deployment of the complex satellite and ground systems in the UKSOC; controls changes to the technical baseline; matures the system through the project life-cycle; manages system risk directly affecting the life-cycle cost outcome; and, manages daily operations in the UKSOC.
- Lead and manage all planned operations activities within the SOC real time operations
- Coordinate actions and activities with US Fleet Operations Management team
- Leads and manages nominal operations of all elements and interfaces
- Leads implementation contingency and emergency activities including notifications, chairs anomaly response meetings, when required, and ensures complete plans to recover are drafted and executed
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in:
o Leading large teams of realtime operations personnel and engineers
o Real-time flight operations console expertise
o Operations software use, configuration and troubleshooting
- Excellent people management skills with experience of managing in a 24/7 shift environment, an ability to manage in an international environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership of all aspects of job and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written skills and communication / briefing skills
- Significant and proven aerospace industry or equivalent experience Direct experience in command and control system configuration and operation, Launch and Early Orbit Operations, sustaining Satellite Operations, and Flight Dynamics is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines in high stress environment
- Multi-satellite LEO constellation operations experience is preferred.
*Must have the right to work in the EEA (European Economic Area)
Meet Some of OneWeb's Employees
Fleet Management Engineer
Vikram manages the Launch and Early Operations Team and space to ground interface for OneWeb. He ensures perfect positioning of satellites during launch in order to provide optimal service to end users.
Back to top