Manager, Regulatory Affairs North America
At OneWeb, we’re on a mission to provide affordable, high-speed Internet access for the world’s unconnected and to achieve the #1 target of the World Society of Information Systems – to create a community access point at every school in the world. We realize this isn’t easy, but we have designed a combination of satellites and ground systems that we know can achieve this, and we believe it is too important not to do. Eliminating extreme poverty, enabling relief for communities during emergencies or disasters, providing health care, clean water and education, starting a business, individual empowerment and civic transparency are all important goals and Internet access is a foundation for solving these global issues.
OneWeb is a technology and infrastructure provider. Our infrastructure enables Mobile carriers, ISPs, and governments, to provide Internet Access to their local and remote populations. Our team’s talent spans fields from semiconductor design, telecom core network and small cell production and deployment, to hyper local rural regulatory and educational challenges. We are developing leading edge technology to solve some of the world’s largest problems – and having a lot of fun doing it!
If building the infrastructure to connect two million schools is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making affordable communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
This position reports to a Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs and will be responsible for handling projects in the areas of market access and licensing, spectrum management and commercial activities related primarily to North American and Caribbean countries and, as required, other parts of the world. Works directly with other members of the Legal, Program Management Office, Finance and Commercial teams to analyze, support and advise the business on market access/licensing, regulatory, and business development.
- Responsible for the market access and licensing activities in the USA, Canada, and Caribbean countries. The area of focus may change and/or include other parts of the world as necessary.
- Responsible for driving all the necessary activities in the domain of regulatory, legal and policy change; ensures compliance with national and international telecom and spectrum regulations and processes; ensures the necessary information gathering on potential service providers, partnership and clients are gathered, analyzed and reported to OneWeb teams.
- Responsible for advocating OneWeb’s vision in North America, with policy and regulatory change where necessary; advancing company-specific applications with the Regulators of the Region; attend relevant meetings related to regulatory and policy matters on telecommunications, broadband policy, spectrum affairs
- Responsible for maintaining strong relationships with regional clients, service providers, partners and key government stakeholders in North America.
- Responsible for keeping the company’s leadership team informed of regional developments and provides relevant strategic guidance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of combined and related work experience in Market Access, Licensing and Spectrum affairs, either in government or in a private sector company in the telecommunications sector, and relevant experience working with regulatory and standards setting bodies.
- Must have an understanding of the intersection of business and government and experience navigating issues such as market access and licensing, satellite regulations, and spectrum management, as well as working with foreign government officials and regulators.
- Law degree preferred, with knowledge/experience in the regulatory and spectrum fields of either Telecom or Satellite
- Excellent presentation and communications skills. Demonstrated persuasive argument and advocacy skills, balancing these with the art of negotiation, compromise, and sound judgment. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English; excellent experience in writing document reports, presentation material
- Utilizes creative methods to generate results and to foster teamwork.
- Coordination of cross-functional teams including engineering, legal, finance, and business to solve issues and achieve results.
- Analytical ability required to review and analyze information and data to recommend policies, procedures and formulate any required actions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office required.
No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Back to top